Although most people who have COVID-19 have mild symptoms, COVID-19 can also cause severe illness, particularly in those who have underlying medical conditions. Because COVID-19 is a newer virus, scientists are learning more about it each day but general symptoms may include one or more of the following: sore throat, cough, fatigue, runny nose, and trouble breathing. Visit the State of Colorado’s data portal to see the most recent Colorado COVID-19 statistics and information.
The Town of Windsor asks that all employees and visitors to its facility follow recommended CDC guidelines. Additional guidance is provided by the two counties that Windsor is located within. For information specific to Weld County’s response, visit https://www.weldgov.com/COVID-19. For information specific to Larimer County’s response, visit https://www.larimer.org/COVID.
COVID-19 Safety Information
Help keep our community safe. Here are some basic COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart. Indoors and outside, try to keep at least 6 feet between yourself and those who do not live with you.
- Stay home when you're sick. Even if you have minor symptoms like a runny nose or a sore throat, please stay home away from others. If you have a concern, contact your local healthcare provider.
- Wash your hands. This was a good idea before COVID was known worldwide and it lessens the risk of transmitting viruses.
- Consider vaccination. Reducing COVID-19 prevents unnecessary illness and preserves our hospital system capacity.
- If unvaccinated, consider wearing a mask. Respiratory droplets carry viruses when we breathe, speak, sneeze and cough. Masks help keep droplets from spreading to others.
- Residents are asked to stay home when sick or if they have been exposed to someone who is sick.