1) If a report is still under investigation, it cannot be released unless authorized by the investigating officer,
2) If there are any circumstances where the report would need to be redacted according to Colorado Open Records Act,
3) If the report is in storage or,
4) If the report has been destroyed in accordance with the Colorado Archives Destruction Schedule
The fee for a report is $2.00 to pull the report and $.25 per page. If there are pictures associated with the report, the fee to include those is $1.00 per page and we put 4 pictures on a page. We accept cash or checks only.For traffic accident reports, if you are the driver and/or owner of the vehicle, there is no charge for the report. If you want pictures, however, the same fee listed above will apply.Request for Release of Information
Show All Answers
For specific questions not addressed in the brochure below or in the municipal code, please call 970-674-6400 Informational Nuisance Brochure
2) If you already have the card, we can fingerprint you at the Police Department Office anytime Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. No appointment is necessary.
3) Please plan sufficient time to complete the card while here at the Office. We have a "cheat sheet" to help you complete it correctly according to the CBI's requirements.
4) If you are a Town resident, or being fingerprinted for a Town employer, there is no fee. If you are not a Town resident, or its not for a Town employer, there is a $15.00 fee (cash or check only).
5) Be sure to bring with you a picture ID (Driver License, Colorado ID, Passport, etc.)
The fee for a report is $2.00 to pull the report and $.25 per page. If there are pictures associated with the report, the fee to include those is $1.00 per page and we put 4 pictures on a page. We accept cash or checks only.For traffic accident reports, if you are the driver and/or owner of the vehicle, there is no charge for the report. If you want pictures, however, the same fee listed above will apply. Request for Release of Information
a) We will need you to bring with you some official paperwork with the VIN on it - can be the title, previous registration, bill of sale, insurance card, etc.
b)VIN Inspections can be done at the Police Department Office anytime Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. No appointment is necessary.
2) If the vehicle is NOT legal to drive and you live within the Town limits, our Code Enforcement Officer can come to you to complete the Inspection. You will need to call the Police Department Office at (970) 674-6400 to schedule this.
a) The Code Enforcement Officer will need to see the above-referenced official paperwork at the time of the Inspection.
3) If you are a Town resident, there is no fee. If you are not a Town resident, the fee is $15.00 (cash or check only).
You may also report it via the web at the link below and click on Traffic Signals. Report-It
Because of the codes regarding dogs at large, our officers will pick up dogs found to be roaming without their owners. If the dog has an identification tag, the officer will attempt to contact the owner. If this is unsuccessful or the owner cannot pick up the dog immediately, the dog will be taken to Garden Valley Vet Clinic. Before the owner or responsible party can claim the dog at Garden Valley Vet, they will need to come to the Police Department with a photo ID to obtain the necessary paperwork.
An owner of a missing dog can call the Police Department to report it missing and we will notify the officers to be on the look-out. If the dog is located by the owner, we ask that they also notify us, so that we will no longer look for the dog.
The Town of Windsor does not have codes regarding cats at large, so officers will not pick them up.