The Town of Windsor community is invited to participate in Windsor’s first Random Acts of Kindness Week January 8-14.
Each day of the Random Acts of Kindness Week, community members are challenged to participate in daily activities focused on fostering community support and kindness.
“The New Year provides our town with an opportunity to start fresh on a positive note,” said Kim Schutt, Windsor Acts of Kindness co-founder. “Our community was faced with great loss and challenges as 2016 came to a close, and this movement provides an opportunity to support one another and begin 2017 in an uplifting way.”
The daily challenges include:
- Sunday: Service Sunday, kick off the week with a good deed or act of service. Drop off donations of nonperishable food items, diapers and other baby items or school supplies at Safeway and King Soopers.
- Monday: Recognize First Responders, thank you banners for Windsor Police and Windsor Severance Fire Rescue will be available to sign at Safeway, the Community Recreation Center and Clearview Library.
- Tuesday: Reach Out and Write, connect with someone who has impacted your life. Printable notecards will be available on the Town of Windsor’s Facebook page (facebook.com/windsorgov).
- Wednesday: Pay it Forward, repay others rather than the person that helped you. For example, pay for the person’s coffee behind you in line.
- Thursday: Thank an Educator, recognize a teacher, mentor or school staff member that has made a difference.
- Friday: Senior Smiles, brighten the day of a Windsor senior citizen.
- Saturday: Neighborly Nod, do something kind for your neighbor — shovel their walk, bring them goodies or just spend time together!
Participants can share their daily challenge stories via social media by using the hashtag #WindsorKindness and by tagging the Town of Windsor in their post. Select stories will be featured on the town’s social media pages throughout the week.
“Windsor is such a close-knit and caring community,” said Lori Couch, Windsor Acts of Kindness co-founder. “This week gives us a formal opportunity to reach out to one another. We look forward to hearing all of the stories from folks who participate in the daily challenges.”
The Windsor Random Acts of Kindness Week is organized by a grassroots citizen committee and supported by the Weld RE-4 School District, Weld RE-4 Education Foundation, Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Windsor Severance Fire Rescue, Clearview Library District, Windsor Now, Windsor Rotary Club, Windsor Optimist Club, the Downtown Development Authority, and the Town of Windsor.
To help spread the word, visit the Random Acts of Kindness media kit for social media graphics, flyers, website text and more — http://bit.ly/WindsorKindnessMedia.