Please note that the current irrigation upgrades at the cemetery will be complete before Memorial Day.
In preparation for spring/summer at Lakeview Cemetery the Town of Windsor takes this opportunity to remind the public of the following regulations for lot or burial space decorations at Lakeview Cemetery. Regulations are posted at the cemetery and on the Town website in the "Additional Info" link below.
1. The placement of any perennial, shrub, evergreen, tree, or rose is prohibited. The Town reserves the right to remove any overgrown or unapproved plantings.
2. The placement of any perennial, shrub, evergreen, tree, or rose is prohibited except with approval of the Cemetery Technician. The Town reserves the right to remove any overgrown or unapproved plantings.
3. Sprays and wreaths made from fresh cut flowers will be allowed, but they will be removed within two (2) weeks or in the Cemetery Technician’s opinion when they become unsightly or detrimental.
4. Artificial sprays and wreaths will be allowed from May 1st through June 20th and from December 1st through March 1st. The Cemetery Technician shall remove all artificial sprays and wreaths when they become unsightly.
5. The Town is not liable for lots, misplaced or broken flower vases, or for damage done by the elements, thieves, vandals, or by causes beyond its control. The Town reserves the right to regulate the method of decorating lots and the right to remove any decoration so that a uniform beauty may be maintained.
The purpose of these decoration regulations is to provide for a site that can be easily maintained to appropriate standards, including mowing, trimming and weed control. The Town appreciates your understanding and cooperation in this regard. For further information on Lakeview Cemetery, contact the Town of Windsor at (970) 674-2400.