The Town of Windsor issued a water service interruption notice to residents in the Raindance, Hilltop Estates and South Hill Subdivisions for work happening from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., on Wednesday, April 20. The interruption will allow contractors to work on the area’s water delivery system.
In preparation, there are a few things residents should keep in mind:
• Residents may experience a complete shut-off at 8:30 a.m., followed by a drop in water pressure until 2:00 p.m.
• The impact will be greater for properties located in higher elevations.
• On the day of the interruption, residents should complete morning routines including showering, cooking, filling bottles, laundry and dishes prior to 8:30 a.m.
• In preparation for the interruption, residents should store an adequate supply of water for cooking and drinking.
• During the water interruption, do not use dishwashers or washing machines. This will prevent damage to these devices.
• Traditional toilets with tanks will likely only flush once after the interruption begins. To have additional flushes, refill the water tank on the back of the toilet. We recommend reserving water for this purpose, in case it’s needed.
Impacted residents should have received an email notification from their Metro District last week. In case of a fire emergency, responders have also been notified.
Residents with questions about this service interruption should call 970-674-3490.