The Town of Windsor invites community members to a variety of fall activities and events happening during the month of October. This month is packed with family-friendly events including pumpkin carving, swimming for pumpkins, cemetery tours and trick-or-treating.
Although it’s not an all-inclusive list of everything that’s happening, here’s a sampling of activities folks might enjoy:
- Twilight Tours of Lakeview Cemetery on October 18-19 and 25-26, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. - Tour the historic Lakeview Cemetery by lantern light with a guide from the Town of Windsor Museums. Discover the exciting and unusual stories of early Windsor pioneers buried in the cemetery. Tours are an hour long and are offered at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. They are best for children eight and older. The 5:30 p.m. tours are highly recommended for families. The cost is $5 per person. Register by one day prior at windsorgov.com/RecReg or 970-674-3500. All tours start and end at Lakeview Cemetery located at 32815 CO-257 in Windsor.
- Pumpkin Carving Workshop on Saturday, October 19, 1-2:30 p.m. - Learn how to create your own pumpkin masterpiece. Pumpkin artist John Bardeen of Grampa Bardeen’s Family Pumpkin Carving Kits will take participants step by step through the process. Bring your own pumpkin large enough to fit an 8.5” x 11” stencil on one side, and meet at the Farmer’s Market Pavilion at Boardwalk Park, 100 North 5th Street. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. The cost is $20 per person. Register at windsorgov.com/RecReg or 970-674-3500.
- Pumpkin Plunge on Friday, October 25, 6-7:45 p.m. - Dive into a good time at the Windsor Community Recreation Center’s indoor pool located at 250 N. 11th St. Swim through the water to find the perfect pumpkin to decorate. Children ages 2-12 are invited to make a splash. Pre-register by October 18 for $6 per participant. There will be two time slots for participants to choose from. Wave 1 begins at 6 p.m. and Wave 2 begins at 7 p.m. Participants can register at windsorgov.com/RecReg or 970-674-3500.
- Halloween Carnival on Saturday, October 26, 1-4 p.m. - Stop by Boardwalk Park Museum, 100 N. 5th St., and spend an afternoon trick-or-treating and playing carnival games. There will be spooky stories, crafts, face painting and more. The carnival is free and kid-friendly. All ages are welcome.
- Halloween Party on Thursday, October 31, 6-8 p.m. - Join the Windsor Police Department and the Optimist Club for a fun and safe Halloween night of games and sweet treats at Windsor’s Community Recreation Center, 250 N. 11th St.. Kids 12 and under are encouraged to attend. Costumes are encouraged but not required for participation at this free indoor event.
For more information and a complete list of all upcoming events, visit windsorgov.com/Calendar.