Town of Windsor Public Works oversees the management of the town’s water, sewer, storm drain and transportation systems, along with maintenance of public areas. The Public Works projects and services are vital to the community’s growth, health, safety, comfort and quality of life.
- Monitors approximately 700 million gallons of water that flows into the town from outside providers each year.
- Operates a 2.8-million-gallon per day wastewater treatment facility.
- Maintains 263.04 miles of streets in Windsor.
- Operates a fleet of snow removal equipment, including (7) seven snow plow dump trucks, each equipped with sanders; (2) two one-ton pickups; (8) eight 3/4 pickups; (2) two four-wheel-drive tractors, one with snowblower; one motor grader; one front-end loader; and two backhoes.
- Develops an oversight and reinvestment program for infrastructure in the town’s older areas and provides a capital budget plan for streets
Public Works consists of the following:
The mission of Streets is to maintain a Safe and Dependable Transportation System. This service area is responsible for maintaining streets within the Town of Windsor including:
- Minor Street Patching
- Pot Hole Filling
- Water Break Areas
- Minor Drainage Issues
- Pavement Markings - maintained and repaired annually
- Street Signs - approximately 7,000 within town limits
Water Distribution & Sewer Collection
The Town of Windsor is dedicated to providing safe, quality water and sewer services to all residents of Windsor. Windsor uses approximately 3.1 million gallons of water each day. The town has two water storage tanks. One holds 2 million gallons and the other holds 3 million gallons. These tanks are a valuable asset during peak summer usage. The town services approximately 7,000 electronic water meters. The town also operates and maintains a wastewater treatment facility with a capacity of 2.8 million gallons per day and over 90 miles of sewer line.
Water/Sewer Maintenance is not responsible for turning on or off various Homeowner Association (HOA) non-potable water systems. For that, please consult with your specific HOA.
Service providers are required to notify the town when any work is performed within the sanitary sewer system. This includes routine maintenance, plugged lines, debris removal, and repairs. Call Town Hall at 970-674-2400 to notify Public Works.
Stormwater Maintenance ensures the stormwater systems are properly planned, constructed, and maintained within the Town of Windsor. It provides overall stormwater management to prevent flooding, and protect water quality for the Town of Windsor residents and recreational areas.
Stormwater Maintenance also works with the Vector Disease Control International for the town’s mosquito management program.
What is Stormwater
Stormwater is water from precipitation that flows across the ground and pavement from rain, snow or ice melt, as well as from sprinklers, and irrigation systems. The water seeps into the ground or drains into storm sewers. These are the drains located on street corners and low points on the sides of your streets.
See something, say something. If you see a spill or illegal dumping in gutters, storm drains, in or near our lakes, rivers and ditches, report it.
Facilities & Fleet
Facilities is responsible for structural and systems maintenance, and custodial needs of Town Hall, Wastewater Treatment Plant, town water tanks and pump station, and the Public Works Facility. Facilities is also in charge of keeping all buildings as secure as possible.
Fleet is responsible for overseeing the purchasing, sales and management of all Town of Windsor owned vehicles and equipment. Fleet Services performs all preventive maintenance and repairs on the Town of Windsor fleet.