The Town’s Municipal Court has jurisdiction over matters arising under the Home Rule Charter and the Town’s Ordinances. As provided under the Home Rule Charter, the Municipal Judge is appointed by the Town Board. The Honorable Teresa Ablao serves as the Town’s Municipal Court Judge.
If paid before 4pm on your court date, all traffic tickets (up to 6 point violations) will automatically be reduced by 2 points.
If you have a ticket in Windsor Municipal Court, and would like to discuss a possible plea bargain or your available options prior to coming to court, you may contact Kim Emil, the Town Prosecutor, at 970-674-2494.
If your question is about paying your fine or requesting a continuance, or any other court related matter, you may contact Pam Caivano, the Court Clerk, at 970-674-2421.
- Court will be held on the 1st floor of Town Hall. Please enter through the South entrance door and proceed to the 1st floor.
- A face mask is required in the building.
- If you are ill or symptomatic, you will not be allowed entry. You must contact the Court Clerk at 970-674-2421 for alternative options.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- For health and safety of all, it is strongly recommended only the defendant (plus one parent/guardian if the defendant is a minor), subpoenaed witness(es) and attorneys of record be allowed into the building.
- No backpacks, large bags, or weapons are allowed in the building.
Court staff will continue to process cases in-person, by phone, through mail or email. Please call the Municipal Court Clerk at 970-674-2421 to ask questions, resolve your case or have it continued.
Payment may be made by cash. check, money order or credit card. A 4% convenience fee will be charged for all credit card transactions. If you have a payment due, payment can still be made by phone or by mail. Payment can also be made via check at the black locked dropbox on the west side of Town Hall.
View the Fine Schedule (PDF): Updated July 20, 2018, the Municipal Court Fine Schedule establishes payments and procedures.