Windsor's Strategic Plan
|The Town of Windsor's Strategic Plan was first adopted by the Town Board in 2008. Since then it has been updated every two years. This new strategic plan, adopted in 2018, is meant to guide the town's strategy into 2023.
Our Plan was developed through feedback from our community, review of our existing Plans, the research of data related to growth and development, and over many conversations with staff and the Town Board. A Vision, Mission, and Priorities were developed and affirmed, and they describe both the future of Windsor and how we will get to where we need to be. The Strategic Plan is our foundation for creating more specific action steps to implement our goals.
Windsor is the hub of Northern Colorado; a safe, unique and special town that offers diverse cultural and recreation opportunities. Windsor is recognized as a regional leader that demonstrates fiscal responsibility, environmental stewardship and strategic excellence. A town that thinks big and embraces its hometown pride.
The Town of Windsor promotes community and hometown pride through sustainable, excellent and equitable delivery of services in a fiscally responsible manner.
Priorities are the most important areas in which the Town will focus efforts for planning and improvement. These include economic sustainability and vitality, infrastructure, quality of life, safety and small town feel. Each area of focus has a defined set of priorities and goals.
Area of Focus: Roads & TrafficThe priorities in this area are economic sustainability and vibrancy, safety, quality of life and infrastructure.
- Partner with CDOT on Hwy. 392 & Hwy. 257 improvements
- Implement priorities in the Road Improvement Plan
- Complete design of Crossroads Blvd. extension
- Multi Modal Transportation Plan
Area of Focus: WaterThe priorities in this area are economic sustainability and vibrancy, safety, quality of life and infrastructure.
- Update Water Plan
- Hire Water Resource Manager
- Revise fee structure
- Research Reverse Osmosis Plant before proposal
- Update codes for conservation
- Build water treatment plant
Area of Focus: Trails & Open SpaceThe priorities in this area are quality of life, infrastructure and small town.
- Create a Trails & Open Space Plan with strategies and needs assessment
- Acquire open space, based on the new plan
- Attain and build easements for trail development including #2 ditch
- Construct trails
- Review code development
- Identify funding mechanism to acquire trails, easements & open space
- Develop open space intergovernmental agreements
- Bridge across the Poudre at CR13
DowntownThe priorities in this area are economic sustainability and vibrancy, quality of life and infrastructure.
- Expand downtown
- Parking structure
- Cultural Center
FacilitiesThe priorities in this area are economic sustainability and vibrancy, infrastructure.
- Facilities Master Plan
- Town Hall security
- Museum collection facility
- Parks & recreation maintenance facility
- Workforce planning