Notice Regarding Video Inspections:
Due to the restrictions from COVID-19, we have recently started doing video inspections for building inspections in occupied homes. However, due to the additional time required to perform these inspections and the resulting backlog of inspection requests; we will not be able to guarantee a next business day inspection. An Inspector will contact you to schedule a specific time for the inspection after your request is entered in our video inspection request log. Please be patient as we work to catch up with the growing list of video inspection requests.
Online Permit Application
Until further notice, the Town will only accept online building permit applications effective March 19, 2020. Hard copy paper building permits will no longer be accepted until further notice.
Already have a system login? No problem. Simply access Community Core.
Building permit fees may paid via credit card (please note that online credit card payments will be assessed a 3% service fee), or checks may be mailed to Town of Windsor, 301 Walnut Street, Windsor, CO 80550 or dropped off in the utility bill drop box on the west side of Town Hall at 301 Walnut Street.How to Add a Contractor for Online Permitting
How to Submit an Application Online
How to Request on Inspection Online
How to View Permit/Application Status
Permit Requirements and Information
- Adopted Codes and Design Criteria (PDF)
- Permit Construction Guidelines (PDF)
- Setback Certification Letter (PDF) and Setback Certificate (PDF)
- Electrical License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines (PDF)
- Fire Code Amendment - Installation of Photovoltaic Panels
- Policy Determination for Cellular Core PVC piping (PDF)
- State Electrical Permit Fees 2019 (PDF)
- Plumbing Contemporaneous Reviews Final (PDF)
- 2019 - SOP Plumbing Contemporaneous Reviews (PDF)
- House Bill 2019-1086 Windsor - Plumbing (PDF)
- Electrical Contemporaneous Reviews Final(PDF)
- 2019 - SOP Electrical Contemporaneous Reviews Final(PDF)
- House Bill 2019-1086 Windsor - Electrical (PDF)
Estimates for Building Permit Fees
If you would like an estimate for your project please click below and chose the type of project. The required form will need to be sent to the Permit Technician
and the estimate of fees will be sent to you per email, fax, or mail.