Modified Town Services
The Administrative Services Department is comprised of the Town Clerk, Human Resources, Communications, Information Technology and Customer Service.
Customer Service staff continue to monitor the phone line, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The town is currently under a hiring freeze until further notice.
The Windsor Municipal Court docket calendar updates:
- March 19 Court was continued to Thursday, May 14
- March 17 Court was continued to Tuesday, May 19
- April 9 & 16 was continued to Thursday, May 21
The Windsor Municipal Courtroom will be closed through Monday, May 4, 2020. For cases originally scheduled to appears during the closure, Municipal Court staff attempted to call and reschedule cases. A letter was mailed to individuals who had a pending matter. The letter provided further instructions for case resolution. In lieu of a personal appearance, individuals may have been given the option to resolve their cases with the Prosecuting Attorney.
Individuals who need to pay a fine can make their payment by check or money order placed in the outdoor secure drop-box on the west side of Town Hall. Payment can also be mailed to: Town of Windsor, 301 Walnut St., Windsor, CO 80550. Those who want to pay by credit card can call 970-674-2421 during normal business hours. A 4% convenience fee will be added to the fine when making a credit card payment over the phone.
Judge Teresa Ablao issued an order declaring court issued classes could be completed online and giving the court clerk and prosecuting attorney authority to accept plea deals when appropriate. There’s more details included in the declaration.
Call the municipal Court Clerk during normal business hours at 970-674-2421 if you have further questions.
Town Scheduled Programs / Meetings
Planning Commission and Town Board Meetings continue with a virtual participation option for members and additional options to participate in the public process. For more information on virtual meetings, visit windsorgov.com/VirtualMeetings. View meeting agendas and minutes here.
Water and Sewer Board will meet on the Wednesday, May 13.
Historic Preservation Commission, Parks, Recreation & Culture Advisory Board and Tree Board remain cancelled until further notice.
Public Services Department
The Public Services Department is comprised of the Public Works and the Parks, Recreation and Culture Departments.
- Water Meter Inspections or Maintenance inside of homes suspended unless it’s an emergency (i.e., meter broke and basement is flooding).
- Yokes are now housed at Public Services. The permit holder can pick it up at the Public Services building from 8am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-3:30 pm. Identification of person picking up the yoke must be shown at time of pickup.
- Individuals must notify Kim Johnson at 970-674-5400 of their intent to pick up a hydrant meter. 24 hr notice required. Pick up the meter from 7am- 12:30pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm. Person picking meter up must complete the online form prior to pickup. Payment must be made via check.
Art & Heritage Center
- Closed until further notice.
- The town of Windsor Museums is collecting COVID-19 related stories, artifacts, photos and more. View the submission form.
Community Recreation Center
- The Community Recreation Center will be open to personal training only beginning Monday, May 4.
- Free fitness classes are available via Zoom. To register, call 970-674-3500 or visit bit.ly/WindsorFitness. View the schedule.
- All memberships that were paid in full will be extended for the duration of the closure.
- Any membership that are on auto-debit are currently on hold and we are not collecting funds until the facility re-opens.
- All rentals and events have been cancelled through May.
- The Windsor Community Recreation Center will offer refunds per its policy.
Parks, Recreation & Culture Programs & Facilities
- Due to the uncertainty of restrictions on gatherings and the challenges enforcing social distancing, the following Windsor Parks, Recreation & Culture events have been cancelled: Memorial Day Veteran’s Celebration, all June Summer Concert Series events, and the June 5 Yappy Hour.
- Per the Governor’s "Safer at Home" executive order, Windsor’s playgrounds are closed. Parks, trails and open spaces remain open. To access a list of trail heads for the Poudre Trail, visit Poudretrail.org.
- Pickleball courts and tennis courts are open beginning Saturday, May 23. Please practice the recommended social distancing guidelines while on the court.
- Beginning Friday, May 1, the swim beach at Windsor Lake will be closed until further notice.
- All May events, activities and athletic programs provided by the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department have been suspended.
- The Movie in the Park on June 12 is cancelled.
- Refunds will be issued in accordance with the existing refund policy.
Community Development Department
The Community Development Department is comprised of the Planning and Engineering Departments.
Online Permit Application
The Town accepts online building permit applications.
In addition to accepting applications for project permits such as re-roofing, siding, windows, furnace, etc., the Town will now be accepting new home, commercial and industrial permits online. We appreciate your patience as we roll out this new service to provide safety and convenience to our customers.
To start the process, email email@example.com or Windsor@SAFEbuilt.com the following: Your Company Name (if applicable), your first and last name, address/company address, contact phone number, and email address. Please indicate in the email if you would like the ability to apply and pay for permits online. A personalized login will be created and instructions on how you can access to the Community Core system will be emailed to you.
Already have a system login? No problem. Simply access Community Core.
- How to Add a Contractor for Online Permitting
- How to Submit an Application Online
- How to Request on Inspection Online
- How to View Permit/Application Status
Until further notice, the Greeley-Evans Transit (GET) temporarily suspended Poudre Express services.
Utility bills can be paid online at windsorcoutilities.merchanttransact.com using the account portal system. Payments can be made over the phone by calling 970-674-2400 during normal business hours. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
There are two options to pay by check. Mail it to: Town of Windsor, 301 Walnut St., Windsor, CO 80550. Payments can also be placed in the outdoor secure drop-box on the west side of Town Hall. Cash payments are not accepted via mail or at the drop-box.
The Town asks businesses that are suffering an economic loss as a result of Coronavirus to please contact staff to help get you the right resources to help your business.
Stacy Miller, Director of Economic Development
Jill Young, Business Development Specialist
For more information, visit our Emergency Business Assistance page.
Business License / Sales Tax Payments
The Business/Sales Tax License Application is a dual-purpose license that includes both the Business License and the Retail Sales Tax License. Download and complete the application and include a check. Mail it to: Town of Windsor Business License Division, 301 Walnut St., Windsor, CO 80550. Payment can also be placed in the outdoor secure drop-box on the west side of Town Hall. Cash payments are not accepted via mail or at the drop-box.
The Town of Windsor does not offer an online payment option for sales tax payments. Businesses can download and complete the Town of Windsor Sales Tax - Standard Return 3.95% (Sales Tax Return Instructions ) include a check for payment , and mail it to: Town of Windsor Sales Tax Division, 301 Walnut St., Windsor, CO 80550. Payment can also be placed in the outdoor secure drop-box on the west side of Town Hall. Cash payments are not accepted via mail or at the drop-box.
Sales tax questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or answered by phone by calling 970-674-2486.
Questions regarding business licensing can be emailed to license@Windsorgov.com or answered by phone by calling 970-674-2443.
Windsor Police Department
The Windsor Police Department administrative offices are closed until further notice. The town has currently suspended VIN Verification services. Windsor Police respond to calls 24/7. To reach dispatch, call 970-674-6400 option 1.
Windsor Town Hall
Closed to the public until further notice. Utility bills can be dropped into the black box on the west side of the building.