The Town of Windsor is complying with guidelines issued by the state. On February 6, Weld County and Larimer County moved to Level Yellow. 

At Level Yellow, gatherings up to 10 people from no more than 2 households are permitted. Restaurants can open to in-person dining at 50% capacity or up to 50 people. Gyms/fitness centers open capacity to 50% or 50 people. 

The state has posted a brief explanation of the Level Yellow guidelines. For more information about the guidelines, visit

Town Facilities & Services

Town Hall is currently open to the public, Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., holidays excluded. 

Windsor residents are encouraged to take advantage of online customer service options. 

Utility payments can be made online at Payments by check—whether it is sales tax related, a water bill payment, a building permit fee or a municipal court ticket—can be mailed to the Town Hall or placed in the Town Hall Drop Box, located on the west side of the building at 301 Walnut St. For general utility service inquiries or billing questions, call Customer Service at 970-674-2400. 

The town’s Permit Technician desk is not accessible to walk-in customers. Customers with permit-related questions are encouraged to visit, email, or call 970-674-2436.

To keep contractors and our community safe, staff are encouraged to avoid in-person meetings and customers should schedule appointments accordingly.

The Community Recreation Center will limit its capacity to match the state guidelines and encourage reservations. Visit to learn more about their services and to make a reservation.

The Public Services campus will continue to provide services in its lobby for water meter requests and pick-ups. For hours and information, call 970-674-5400.

These changes apply to town facilities, not private businesses, which are under the authority of state licensing and regulatory agencies. In the meantime, we urge residents to follow safety measures and support local businesses.

In regards to COVID-19 restrictions, the Town of Windsor is not able to respond to business non-compliance issues. To report a business that is not in compliance, residents should first contact their local public health agency to report any potential violations of an order. Per the Colorado Attorney General’s Website, residents may also file a report with the Attorney General’s Office at if a local public health agency is unresponsive.

Residents are asked to stay home when sick or if they have been exposed to someone who is sick. Residents are also asked to limit non-essential travel, wear a mask in public, avoid crowds and follow state health guidelines.

To see the most recent Colorado COVID-19 statistics, visit