As part of the Administrative Services Department the Communications Division leads the town’s internal and external communication and marketing efforts with the following goals in mind: to support community and employee education through visual and written communication, serve as the public information office, maintain various town media, and to craft a strategic communication plan that connects citizens, promotes town pride and fosters a sense of community.
News & Information
The Communications Division maintains several information resources to keep residents and business owners informed about local happenings. Here are a few of the resources we update with news and information on a regular basis.
Windsor News Center: Provides a portal for town press releases and newsletters. The page also allows access to archived press releases.
WindsorTV: Broadcasts video programming. WindsorTV is Windsor’s premier cable television station for municipal news and information.
Windsor Event Calendar: Provides a complete list of all town-sponsored events, meetings and programs.
Connect with Us: Includes links to all town maintained social media pages.
Windsor Alert Center: Shows the latest information on all active alerts related to municipal functions such as road construction, waterline replacement projects and more. This page also includes information about signing up for the Emergency Alert system.
Windsor Matters: Archives the town’s monthly newsletter which is distributed with utility bills and is sent digitally to subscribers.
- Curates written and visual content for the town’s social media accounts including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor, LinkedIn
- Develops and distributes collateral including town newsletters, bill inserts, e-notifications and brochures
- Promotes town programs and events and coordinates events as directed by the Town Manager and Mayor
- Acts as a liaison for the town with local, regional and national media agencies
- Works closely with other government agencies to achieve common goals
- Provides accurate and timely information to community members
- Supports town departments/divisions’ visual and communication needs
- Oversees and maintains content on town websites
- Creates and manages videography for the town’s WTV8 (cable) and YouTube channels
- Disseminates messages regarding public safety and emergency preparedness.