Registration & Business Licensing

MyBizColorado is the fastest way to register and manage a business. This is the official filing tool for the State of Colorado. The state portal includes everything you need, from multiple state agencies in one place. Register for the following:

  • Licenses
  • Sales Tax
  • Wage Withholding
  • Unemployment Insurance Accounts

The Town of Windsor requires all businesses maintaining or engaging in business, including service-oriented businesses, within the Town of Windsor to obtain an Annual Business License to conduct business in the Town of Windsor.  You can do this online:  For assistance email [email protected].

The Town of Windsor allows home occupations within residential zoning districts, as long as they meet certain criteria. All home occupations must be registered with the town by completing a business license application.

The Town of Windsor imposes a 3.65 percent local sales tax on the sale of all tangible personal property sold at retail, including food for home consumption and the furnishing of services, which are taxable pursuant to local and state law. Prior to the first day of business, all persons or businesses engaged in either sale of goods or the furnishing of any taxable or non-taxable services within the corporate limits of the Town of Windsor are required to hold a Windsor-specific business license and file sales taxes with Town of Windsor Finance.

Before approving the Town of Windsor Sales Tax Application, the retail applicant must first complete a Sales Tax License Application from the Colorado Department of Revenue.

Applicants may contact the Colorado Department of Revenue at either of the local service centers:

Fort Collins Office
3030 South College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80525

Denver Office
1375 Sherman Street
Denver, CO 80203

For more information or questions pertaining to business and sales tax licenses, please contact Windsor Finance business license / sales tax technician:

Sales Tax
301 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO 80550 970-674-2486

Liquor Licensing

The Town of Windsor requires a license for the sale of all alcoholic beverages within the corporate limits and imposes an application fee. Liquor Licensing is administered by the Town Clerk. Liquor licensing involves everything from accepting liquor license applications to processing those applications and holding administrative hearings.

Liquor laws of the state of Colorado restrict the sale and dispensing of alcoholic beverages. Any person intending to manufacture, sell or deal in spirituous liquor in the state of Colorado must apply for a liquor license.

Deputy Town Clerk
301 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO 80550

Food Related Businesses

Restaurants, grocery stores and other food-related businesses in the Town of Windsor are regulated by either the Larimer County Health and Environment Department, or the Weld County Department of Health.

Due to Windsor being in both counties, contact the county your property will reside in for more details on what they may need from you.

Larimer County Health and Environment Department Fort Collins Office
1525 Blue Spruce Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment
1555 North 17th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631

Vehicle Use in Your Business

If your vehicle is used for commercial purposes for your business, it may require a commercial vehicle license. Check with the Colorado Department of Revenue Motor Vehicle Division.

Larimer County Office
200 West Oak, Suite 1100
P.O. Box 1429
Fort Collins, CO 80522

Weld County Office
1402 North 17th Avenue
P.O. Box 459
Greeley, CO 80632