Transportation Master Plan
PLEASE NOTE: There is a town board public work session scheduled for Monday, January 13 at 5:30 p.m. regarding the draft recommendations for the Windsor Transportation Master Plan. At this point, the public input part of the process has closed, however, if you are a resident or stakeholder interested in the continued planning efforts, this may be an appropriate meeting to attend.
Windsor’s growing economic base, location, and high quality of life have attracted a substantial amount of residential and commercial development over recent years. This growth has resulted in changes in transportation needs and a desire to ensure short-term action and a long-term vision for transportation. During the Summer of 2019, Windsor's staff worked with a team of transportation consultants to research and collect input from residents and business owners to help develop a master plan that will serve as a guiding document for the future of transportation throughout the Town of Windsor.
The goal is to develop a framework for a balanced multi-modal transportation network addressing the Windsor’s transportation needs and opportunities, building upon Windsor’s existing transportation system.
Windsor’s Transportation Master Plan will:
- Form a vision for multi-modal transportation in the long-term
- Identify implementable, high priority action items for the short-term
- Build off the 2017 Roadway Improvement Plan
- Supplement the Roadway improvement Plan with multi-modal analysis and recommendations
- Designate a connected, efficient, and comfortable network for bicycling, walking and vehicles
- Prioritize certain modes in corridors where all modes may not be viable.
There are several documents that have already provided information valuable to the Master Planning process including:
- 2017 Roadway Improvement Plan (PDF)
- Northern Colorado Regional Transit Study (PDF)
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan (PDF)
- July 22, 2019 Presentation to Town Board (PDF)
The Town of Windsor has several projects related to the Transportation Master Plan that are currently in development:
- Designing 7th Street and Main Street intersection improvements, including striping and minor widening that will improve northbound traffic flow. Expected project completion in 2019.
- Improving traffic flow and mitigating safety concerns at 7th Street and New Liberty Road by constructing a roundabout. Expected project completion in 2019.
- Improving traffic flow and mitigating safety concerns at Weld County Road 13 and New Liberty Road by constructing a roundabout. Expected project completion in 2019.
- Preliminary Design for the potential extension of Crossroads Boulevard from State Highway 257 to Weld County Road 23. Expected completion of design in 2019.
- Designing improvements for the intersection at State Highway 257 and Eastman Park Drive. Expected project completion in 2020.
- Designing widening improvements of State Highway 392 at Larimer County Road 5. Expected completion of design in 2019.