- Groups can reserve the Windsor Water Wagon by calling 970-674-5402.
- Learn about Xeriscape landscaping at the Treasure Island Deomonstration Garden:
- Treasure Island Demonstration Garden at Eastman Park is coordinated by the DiGGers Gardeners; contact Bill Pratt at 970-686-7319.
Water Conservation Facts
- Even though the Earth is made up of 70 percent water, only 1 percent is appropriate for drinking and human use.
- Showering and bathing are the largest indoor uses of water.
- An average bath requires 37 gallons of water.
- The average American uses 140 to 170 gallons of water per day.
- If every household in America had a faucet that dripped once each second, 928 million gallons of water a day would leak away.
- An average family of four uses 881 gallons of water per week just by flushing the toilet.
- Five gallons of water go down the drain if you leave the water running while brushing you teeth.
- An automatic dishwasher uses 9 to 12 gallons of water while washing dishes by hand can use up to 20 gallons.
- Watering grass and trees for longer periods of time but less frequently vs. shorter periods of time more frequently not only saves water but helps build stronger roots.
- An average of 20 percent of toilets leak water.
- Lowering the amount of water you use lowers your utility bill and more importantly, using less water preserves a limited resource for generations to come.
Calculate Your Water Use
Visit the Home Water Works website to calculate how much water you use at home and get more tips on how to save.