Click to Home
Go To Search
Oil & Gas Development Information
The Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) governs the permitting and regulation of oil and gas wells throughout the state.

The Town of Windsor has limited authority when it comes to the oversight of oil and gas operations within the town limits.

Who Has Applied & Where?

Oil & Gas Leases
The Town is the owner of certain mineral interests beneath the surface of the land, therefore the Town receives royalties. The following are a list of oil & gas leases.

How do I file a complaint?

The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) has a new process for how public complaints related to oil and gas operations are received, processed, and closed.

As a result, the COGCC has created a dedicated webpage that contains the following:

  • A newly developed and easy to use tool to file a complaint online.
  • Guidance for how to file a complaint.  To be considered a formal complaint, all complaints are required to be in a written format.
  • Questions and answers related to the complaint process, including what to expect and rights of the complainant.
  • Guidance and tools to search for complaints already filed.

This website is located at the below link: