District 2 Vacancy
District 2 Town Board Member Christian Morgan announced his resignation from the Town Board on March 20, effective June 5. The resignation will create a vacancy for Election District 2, and the Town Board determined to fill the vacancy by appointment, as outlined in the Town of Windsor Home Rule Charter. If selected, the appointee will serve until the regular municipal election, which will be held April 3, 2018.
Residents interested in applying to represent District 2 must submit a letter of interest and application to the Town Clerk; letters and applications must be received by the Town Clerk no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 10. The Town Board anticipates announcing its selection at the June 12 Town Board meeting.
Residents interested in applying for the vacant seat must meet the requirements as outlined in the Windsor town charter:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a registered elector of the town
- Be a resident of the Town of Windsor for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the election/appointment, and have continuously resided in the district from which he or she is to be elected (District 2) for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the election. At all times during their terms, Town Board members shall reside in the district from which elected/appointed. The Election District Map can be found on the town’s website at windsorgov.com/townboard.
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Cannot be an employee of the town
Patti Garcia, Town Clerk
Town of Windsor
301 Walnut Street
Windsor, CO 80550
Download the application form.
For more information, contact the Town Clerk’s office at 970-674-2400.
OverviewThe Town Board serves as the community’s legislative body, having responsibility for enacting town ordinances, appropriating funds to conduct town business, appointing members to boards and commissions, and providing direction to town staff.
- 7:00 pm
- Second and fourth Monday of each month
- Town Hall Chambers (3rd floor)
301 Walnut St.
Windsor, CO 80550
Agendas, Minutes & PacketView Agendas | | View Packet
View Wk. Sess. Agendas | View Wk. Sess. Packet